Plan to attend one of the below auditions
- Dance Audition Registration Form
- Degree requirements
- How to apply
- Financial aid
- Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance scholarships
Students applying for the BFA program and/or Talent Scholarship are required to submit a short solo (3 minutes maximum) in video form with their application. This can be in a dance style of the applicant’s choice. The strong preference is for the applicant to upload the clip to YouTube or Vimeo and email the link to In the event this is not possible, a DVD may be sent with the application.
On Campus Auditions
Off Campus Auditions
Representatives from the department will also be present at Michigan Dance Day and Oakland Dance Festival and will be auditing students for possible admission to the department.
The 2014 Michigan Dance Day will take place on Saturday, October 11, 2014 at Oakland University. For more information please contact Nicole Kaplan at email@example.com.
The 2014 Oakland Dance Festival will take place on November 21 - 22, 2014 at Harrison High School. For more information please contact Toi Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-426-1167.
• You will be graduating from high school in the spring or summer of the current school year with a minimum 2.75 high school grade point average.
• You complete one of the competitive auditions listed above.
Talent Scholarship Award recipients must meet the following guidelines:
- Be a full time student at WSU for eight consecutive semesters carrying 12-16 credits hours during each Fall and Winter term;
- Be a Bachelor of Fine Arts Dance Major in the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts, following the Dance Major curriculum, for eight consecutive semesters;
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average overall, and a 3.0 grade point average in dance courses;
- Perform every semester for eight consecutive semesters; be a member of one of the WSU Dance Companies for at least two semesters.*
- Perform other related activities and events in the Dance Department as requested by the company director(s) or Chair of the department. **
- Conduct myself professionally and respectfully at all times, both on-campus and off-campus, when representing WSU and the Department of Theatre & Dance. ***
- Fully abide by the WSU Student Code of Conduct at all times, both on-campus and off-campus, when representing WSU and the Department of Theatre & Dance. ***
- Dance majors who have completed 45 credits hours but have not completed Basic Composition (BC) and Math will be placed on department probation and will be ineligible to be cast and perform in dance companies, touring, repertory (faculty and guest artists) in the courses DNC 5000, DNC 5610, DNC 5800.
- Scholarships are renewal contingent upon successful annual review.
* Exceptions are granted by the Chair for Student Teaching, Study Abroad and other special circumstances.
** These may include fundraising activities, donor and sponsor events, or other scholarship related activities.
*** Unprofessional conduct or violation of the WSU Student Code of Conduct is grounds for immediate termination of the scholarship.